Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant positions available at the Department of Livestock under the Ministry of Agriculture, the Quadrangle, Banjul.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ANIMAL PRODUCTION OFFICER, GRADE 9
Number of vacancies: (2 positions)
- Candidates must obtain an MSc Degree in Animal science/animal production with at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Candidate must obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science/Animal Production with at least 3 years satisfactory service as livestock officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Principal Animal Husbandry Officer in the coordination and implementation of departmental activities.
- Assessing the training needs of farmers and conducting training sessions.
- Conducts on –the—job training of frontline extension staff.
- Responsible for the elaboration of technology transfer on production systems and develop strategies on rangeland development, Intensive Feed Gardens, Feed Conservation and bush fire controls
- Assist in coordinating internal and cross border transhumance network
- Prepares quarterly regional progress reports
- Assists in the formation and strengthening of livestock water user committees and livestock producer associations
- Establishes horizontal linkages with other department staff, NGOs, CBOs and individual farmers in the regions.
- Carries out any other duties assigned by the Principal Animal production Officers.
The salary attached to the position is Grade 9, of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D73, 245 (seventy-three thousand two hundred and forty-five dalasi) per annum. Applicants should complete form (16B) available at the Records Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC), The Quadrangle, Banjul or on the PSC website http://www.psc.gov.gm/
Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the said Records Office not later than 20th October 2020, before 3:30pm.