Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Livestock Services under the Ministry of Agriculture, the Quadrangle, Banjul.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR VETERINARY PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER, GRADE 9
Number of vacancy: (1 position)
- Candidates must obtain a Master’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science with at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Candidate must obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science with at least 3 years satisfactory service as Public Health/Livestock Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates an d supervises activities at Abattoirs, Sea and Airport
- Participates and ensures effective hygiene and inspection of all products of animal origin
- Assists in the collection and compilation of regional data on veterinary public health activities
- Assists in conducting meat inspection
- Executes any other functions as may be directed by the Principal Veterinary Public Health Officer
The salary attached to the position is Grade 9 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D73, 245 (seventy-three thousand two hundred and forty-five dalasi) per annum. Applicants should complete form (16B) available at the Records Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC), The Quadrangle, Banjul or on the PSC website http://www.psc.gov.gm/
Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the said Records Office not later than 20th October 2020, before 3:30pm.